I could be wrong. Does anybody out there believe that the blasts from Hinckley’s .22 pistol were appropriate expressions of love?
- What Do I Believe–and Why Do I Believe It?
- Do I believe that God is Love?
- How do I expect God to express love?
- Do I believe that Love would torture an innocent person to death, to benefit the guilty?
- Do I believe that God would torture an innocent person to death, to benefit the guilty?
- Do I believe that Love commits or sanctions inhumane behavior for any reason?
- Do I believe that God commits or sanctions inhumane behavior for any reason?
- Are live sacrifices satanic or loving acts?
There are no right or wrong answers here. The important thing is that you begin to think about your beliefs, and begin to understand what your beliefs mean and how they make you feel? For example, are you more likely to be fearful if you believe that God who solves problems by killing people? Does fear generate peace or stress?
I’ll be asking questions every week. You supply your own answers. As you explore your beliefs, in private, you’ll begin to discover a lot about yourself–perhaps even more about your perceptions of God.